Calling all artists looking to step up their digital game and take their art to the next level! British Council in partnership with Business and Arts South Africa (BASA) and Digify Africa bring you a brand new training programme designed to give artists the skills they need to make the most of the digital world and to grow their creative markets.
This 3 week course is open to any artist in South Africa, Zambia and Zimbabwe who has been producing work for 3 years or more. The programme will unfold in two exciting parts:
Zambia, Lusaka – Bongo Hive: 5 – 10 Feb
Zimbabwe, Bulawayo – Digital Arts Hub: 5 – 10 Feb
South Africa, Johannesburg – Digify Africa offices: 12 – 17 Feb
BASA and Digify Africa will train artists on the following;
- Understanding creative market growth
- Strategic planning for your Creative Markets
- Defining trends, motives and barriers of your Creative Markets
- Mastering Social Media for artists
- Content marketing as part of the creative process
- E-commerce platforms for you to sell your work online
- 19 Feb – 2 Mar | Every Mon, Wed & Fri afternoon from 14:00 – 16:00
- Through interactive online classes, we will be guiding the artists in the programme to compile a practical Creative Market Growth Plan and a Social Media Strategy for their brand and their work.
- Participants will have a unique opportunity to interact with and learn from artists in Zambia, South Africa and Zimbabwe.
- Participants have to be working artists with a minimum of 3 years experience with producing work
- Each candidate needs to bring their own laptop/tablet to the training sessions and to be able to access the online training
- Must have a willingness to learn and be able to commit to the following schedule
- Zambia & Zimbabwe → 5 – 10 Feb 09:00 – 15:00
- South Africa → 12 – 17 Feb 09:00 – 15:00
- All participants → 19 Feb – 2 Mar 14:00 – 16:00 Every Mon, Wed & Fri
If you are interested, please fill in the application form here. Please note that applications close on Wed 24 Jan at 20:00 CAT.
Should you need any more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
About Digify Africa
Digify Africa helps young people and organisations make a better living in the digital age. We focus on new & emerging demand-driven digital skills that can create livelihoods. Our work helps young people gain and grow their careers or businesses. As a result it helps organisations – big and small – to thrive in the digital age. Our model is scaleable and youth driven via a continent-wide network of digital professionals.
About Business Arts South Africa
Business and Arts South Africa (NPC) is an internationally recognised South African development agency with a suite of integrated programmes implemented nationally and internationally. BASA encourages mutually beneficial partnerships between business and the arts, securing the future development of the arts sector in South Africa and contributing to corporate success through Shared Value. Business and Arts South Africa (NPC) was founded in 1997 as a joint initiative of the Department of Arts and Culture and the business sector as a public/private partnership.
About British Council
British Council Southern African Arts creates opportunities for urban 18 – 35 year old artists, creatives and audiences through programmes focusing on storytelling, insight and connections between Southern Africa and the UK. We do this to build greater exposure for contemporary practice and culture, assisting young people to tell their stories and connecting creative communities.
Application form: http://bit.ly/2AQKVHA
Live Mag Article: http://bit.ly/2CSTyTE