Career opportunity within Business and Arts South Africa (BASA) for a Chief Executive Officer
Provide Leadership for the NPC Business and Arts South Africa, guiding the organisation, strategy and working closely with stakeholders and beneficiaries – Public Sector, Private Sector and Third Sector or Civil Society, for the benefit of broader society.
Reporting to the Chairperson and the Board of BASA, a registered Non-Profit Company, the CEO is responsible for providing strategic leadership and effective operational management for the organisation. This high profile and key position within the arts and business sectors serves a number of diverse stakeholders within the public and private sectors and the ability to optimise these partnerships for mutual benefit is key.
- A completed relevant tertiary qualification in management, and the Creative Industries
- A postgraduate commercial or management qualification in marketing is advantageous
- A minimum of 10 years experience and credibility gained within the creative sector at senior management level with strategic and operational responsibilities
- An existing network within the arts and business world is required
- 10 years management experience gained in a corporate and or commercial role is beneficial
- Experience and proven success in an impactful development programme management is sought
The BASA CEO has key responsibility for:
- Securing the future development of the arts sector in South Africa and contributing to corporate success through Shared Value
- Ensuring that a suite of integrated programmes are implemented and achieve impact, nationally and internationally
- Initiating, encouraging and leveraging mutually beneficial partnerships between business and the arts
- Representing and promoting BASA in a credible and professional manner at all opportunities with all stakeholders
- Ensuring governance and regulatory compliance for all financial and other resources
Interested parties are invited to apply by submitting a Motivation Letter and updated, detailed CV via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org before 18 October 2018 by 17h00.
Enquiries may be directed via this e-mail address. Late applications will not be considered. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. BASA reserves the right not to make an appointment.